Lily & Frog is not responsible for damage or poor results once the application process has begun
Application and Washing Instructions for Vinyl Iron-On
Prewash fabric and read all instructions BEFORE beginning. DO NOT use a HOT iron with children present.
Knowing your design:
- There are three parts to the vinyl sheet; vinyl (design) dull side, the transfer sheet is clear, and wax paper covering the vinyl design due to the sticky transfer sheet. The cut design will appear as a mirror image, once the project is completed the design will read properly.
- Preheat iron to cotton/high temp setting. NO STEAM. Lay fabric flat on ironing surface, being sure to smooth wrinkles with iron.
- Remove wax paper from design. Place design FACE DOWN. At this point, the design will read properly. All adjusting MUST be done NOW, the design cannot be moved, adjusted or changed once ironing begins. Place a piece of cotton fabric (something thin) over the clear transfer paper to protect the fabric from iron.
- To iron the design into place, place the HOT iron on the cotton fabric with firm pressure. Press the iron on the design for 20-25 seconds, being sure not to burn the fabric.
- From my personal experience with this product; once you have ironed the design for 20 seconds, you may move the iron in a slight circular motion, ensuring all edges of the vinyl are sealed.
- While still warm, peel back the clear transfer sheet, checking edges of vinyl are adhering to fabric. If edges are peeling with transfer sheet, iron again. DO NOT iron the vinyl directly.
Washing & Drying Instructions:
- First time this item is washed, wash it alone, in mild color safe detergent, w COLD water, tumble dry on low or no heat. DO NOT dry clean this item. Since you have prewashed the fabric this will help prevent cracking and peeling of the design. This DOES NOT guarantee cracking and peeling will not occur. The design will not withstand stretching/heat, other than normal wear and tear.
- How do I iron an insulated lunchbox and backpack? Choose a location for design which can lay as flat as possible. DO NOT iron the insulation, or the plastic of a lunchbox or backpack it will melt with the heat of an iron, choose the outside
- Vinyl is not adhering to fabric: iron may not be hot enough. If iron is not hot enough and there is not enough pressure, the vinyl will not adhere to the fabric. Confirm heat setting is a high-cotton temperature and attempt to apply more pressure.
- Vinyl edges are not adhering to fabric: While ironing, it is important to apply pressure and heat to the edges.
Application Instructions for Vinyl Sticker
Prewash surface, dry item and read all instructions BEFORE beginning.
Knowing your design:
- There are three parts to the vinyl sheet; vinyl (design) sandwiched between transfer sheet and backing, the transfer sheet is the lined paper (holds the design in place), and backing (just like a sheet of stickers) of the sticker. The cut design will appear once applied on item
- Lay item on a flat surface (if a bottle, lay between something to hold still).
- Remove the backing from the sticker image. DO NOT remove the stripped transfer sheet, upon removing the backing from the sticker image, the WHOLE sticker image will remain intact on the transfer sheet.
- Choose a location for design, align the design over the location using the lines on the transfer sheet to help. All adjusting MUST be done NOW, the design cannot be moved, adjusted or changed once in place.
- Firmly place design FACE DOWN on a location of your choosing. Press firmly along all edges of the design, smoothing out the design as best as possible. At this point, the design properly will read properly.
- Peel back the transfer sheet, if design peels up with transfer sheet, lay transfer sheet back into place, press design again, peel transfer sheet again.
Troubleshooting - Read first to help avoid problems:
- How do I apply to fabric?: This item is not intended for fabric and may peel off.
- Vinyl is not adhering to item: Be sure to wash and dry item before adhering design, it the item is damp or dusty the design will not adhere. Also, before removing transfer sheet, press firmer onto the design. I suggest smoothing image with the edge of a credit card if the trouble persists.
- Vinyl edges are not adhering to fabric: Before removing transfer sheet, press firmer onto the design. I suggest smoothing image with the edge of a credit card if the trouble persists.
Any questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. xo, B