Keepsake Blanket Need-To-Know
We are not too sure who said it first, but it is worth repeating: At Lily & Frog we believe "Families are like quilts & blankets, lives pieced together, stitched with smiles and tears, colored with memories, and bound by love..."
Yes, Elizabeth is That Blanket Lady, the one who creates cozy blankets from some of your most cherished memories. We are glad you decided to learn more about our Keepsake Blanket designs. Clothing holds some of our most precious, special, and heartfelt memories; from the day our child was carried home from the hospital, the time they made the winning goal, landed their first back handspring, learned to swim, the first time their eyes met with Mickey Mouse... or the day they walked down the aisle at graduation.
At Lily & Frog, Elizabeth will turn beloved memories into a handmade, warm, cozy, loving, and unforgettable blanket to cuddle day in and day out. We hope to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding the purchase and design of your own Keepsake Blanket.
What is a Keepsake Blanket: Keepsake Blankets are designed entirely of clothing, blankets, and accessories you hold most memorable.
How do I know what Keepsake Blanket to choose: There are Three Keepsake Blanket options, each available in three sizes; small, medium, and large. The blankets are listed in Keepsake Blanket Shop. Please see details below...
Small Blanket (Playmat Size): $210* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 3.75'x3.75'* requires 25 total shirts, onesies, hats, etc required
Medium Blanket (Small Lap Size): $230* + Shipping, measuring approximately 3.75'x4.5'* requires 30 total shirts, onesies, hats, etc required
- Large Blanket (Lap Size): $250* + Shipping, measuring approximately 4.5'x5.25x* requires 35 total shirts, onesies, hats, etc required
- More than 35 T-Shirts will be priced accordingly. Please e-mail Elizabeth for details.
Lily & Frog Keepsake T-Shirt Blanket designed using 12"x12" squares of Adult T-Shirts only and available in a variety of colors and sizes. T-Shirt Blankets are designed with a solid color warm & cozy fleece back panel in a coordinating color:
- Small blanket (Lap Blanket): $140.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 4' x 4' and requires 16 T-shirts
- Medium Blanket (Throw Blanket): $180.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 4'x6' and requires 24 T-shirt
- Large Blanket (Small Twin Blanket): $210.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 5'x6' and requires 30 T-shirt.
- Extra Large Blanket (Small Twin Blanket): $240.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 5'x7' and requires 35 T-shirt.
- Extra Extra Large Blanket (Long Twin Blanket): $300.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 5'x8' and requires 40 T-shirt.
Lily & Frog Keepsake T-Shirt Blanket designed using 9"x9" squares of Adult T-Shirts only and available in a variety of colors and sizes. T-Shirt Blankets are designed with a solid color warm & cozy fleece back panel in a coordinating color:
- Small blanket (Playmat Blanket): $140.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 3 3/4' x 3 3/4' and requires 25 T-shirts
- Medium Blanket (Small Throw Blanket): $180.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 3 3/4' x 4 1/2' and requires 30 T-shirt
- Large Blanket (Throw Blanket): $252.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 4 1/2' x 5 1/4' and requires 42 T-shirt.
- Extra Large Blanket (Large Lap Blanket): $270.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 4 1/2' x 6' and requires 48 T-shirt.
- Extra Extra Large Blanket (Small Twin Blanket): $324.00* + Shipping, measuring approximately about 4 1/2' x 6 3/4' and requires 54 T-shirt.
What clothing do you accept: If you are questioning an item, just ask. If you are looking for specific clothing fabrics; leather or socks may not be incorporated into the blanket and baby clothing smaller than 12 months or 1 year and premie size will be used in a special design plan (Contact us if you have these small items, pricing will be adjusted to accommodate them). Some clothing, fabrics, and clothing sizes (preemie size) are more difficult to work with than others; i.e. a fuzzy, furry, polka dotted three-eyed Monster Halloween costume. At times incorporating clothing into a blanket is similar to squeezing a round bouncy ball flat; it will never be perfect. Elizabeth strives to make it perfect but there are no promises, 9.5 out of 10 times she will say yes. She will honestly tell you what to expect.
How do you use pockets, zippers, velcro, snaps, ruffles, and more? All are incorporated, in some way... But each item of clothing is slightly different. Pockets may be able to be opened or hand sewn shut, depending on the clothing zippers and snaps may be sewn closed, ruffles will fluff and flow, bows will bounce... and more.
I would like a Quilt with Batting: Our handmade Keepsake Clothing Blankets are NOT bound together with binding and/or batting; the front and back panels are hand sewn together with a warm and cozy fleece backing in any solid color of your choice. We do not accept the request to add binding or batting, due to the nature of the clothing provided if we add binding and/or batting, the blanket is far too heavy and bulky for the delicate clothing provided.
Do I get to choose my own back panel color: Absolutely! Included in the listing price is a warm and cozy fleece backing in a solid color of your choice. If you would like a back panel with a design or pattern, sports team, or design there is an added charge. Please click Add-Ons for pricing and details.
Can I add a name or birthday: Absolutely! Please click Add-Ons for pricing and details.
What is the current turnaround time: All items are designed, created and sewn solely by Elizabeth, as a Law Enforcement Officer's Wife and Stay-at-Home Mom. Please be aware Keepsake Blankets average 8-10 weeks (from the date you approve Blanket Design Layout) to complete. Beth strives to ship from CT as quickly as possible. If there is a longer than normal turnaround time you will be notified. If you need an item by a specific date, please contact via e-mail at email@example.com and click Add-Ons for pricing and details regarding a RUSH order.
What do I need to do: As our Client, you are responsible for a few things...
- You are responsible for shipment of clothing to us. Upon purchase, you will receive an e-mail with our address. Once t-shirts are received, you will get an e-mail regarding its arrival. Normal turnaround time is 8-10 weeks from the date t-shirts are DELIVERED to CT. The blanket will ship from my home in CT 8-10 weeks from the date you approve the design layout. If you live locally to us in CT, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for drop-off/pick-up because shipping clothing and completed blankets can be costly.
- Each piece of clothing will be cut to accommodate my design plan. If there is an important picture, image, word, etc you would like used, you MUST let me know with a note pinned to the shirt.
- You will receive a image of our Design Layout for approval. This is when you can make change requests, i.e. moving items, change back panel color, etc. Changes may NOT be made once the Design Layout is approved.
- All leftover shirt pieces are donated to local organizations or groups (my kids' preschool teacher uses them for painting smacks and color matching). If you would like to keep any leftover pieces, please include a note with the shipment.
What is your return policy? Due to the custom-made nature of all of our items, we do not accept returns or exchanges. Please ask as many questions as you would like before placing an order to ensure everyone is on the same page. Once you have approved your design, no changes may be made. We will be in constant communication regarding the design. Upon delivery, if you request a change to be made of a completed design, the client is responsible for delivering the item to us for changes, there is a $25 per hour Request Change Charge (hours will vary based on the requested change, we will supply an estimate of cost). We will meet your request to the best of our ability. Payment for the Estimate of Time Invoice is required in cash to begin changes. Upon completion, if there is a difference in Estimate of Time on completion, the remainder is due before shipment back. Payment for Estimate of Time is accepted in cash ONLY. We strive to put a smile on your face and ensure your Keepsake blanket is just as you envision upon the original design approval, please do NOT hesitate to request changes, moving items, or to ask questions before sewing begins, that is what we are here for.
A GIANT Thank You to all of our clients for their constant patience, understanding, and support... All items are designed solely by Elizabeth, as a Law Enforcement Officer's Wife and Stay-at-Home Mom running a small business from home with 2 toddlers running around her feet... family comes first.